Sunday, 8 May 2016

Violent pornography incites sexually motivated murders. (Part one)

 The Investigative Significance of Fantasy in Sex-Related Incidents 
"Women's experiences of pornography are dismissed as anecdotal, non-representative, and unimportant. Falling into the measurement trap, we have turned to science, instead of to women, for answers ... And while we debate it, many people are coping with its unwelcome presence in our lives."

 In my experience, offenders in general have a heavy exposure to pornography.

 Raymond Pierce, a retired NYC police detective

 *I have only included the killers who's porn usage/activities have been associated with the murders via the courts, interviews or press.


Sexually sadistic murderers are obsessed and excited by extreme, violent pornography. For them, sex and violence become intertwined and the initial excitement that fuelled their fantasies via sexually violent pornography - Diminishes to such an extent, that they are left utterly disappointed and are no longer able to perform, reach sexual fulfilment and climax. They have exhausted and exceeded every nasty, sadistic aspect of hurting, degrading, humiliating and killing women (or very rarely men) via images and videos, that they become both psychologically and sexually flaccid. Because it is their 'Fantasies' formed as engram's that drives the most prominent aspect of their lives. The sexual psychopath cannot exist without feeling power and control and this he can only achieve by eroticising sadistic sexual acts before, during or after killing a female victim. Many also make their own pornography of the actual rape, torture and murder, in order to relive the event.  All this cannot just end or go away. It is who they are. It is inherent. Killing becomes their ultimate conquest. So the only option for them, is to take the next step. The next level; In order to feel power, control and sexual arousal again. Unfortunately, that next step is to fantasise, plan and execute a real murder of a real woman.

1) Jamie Reynolds  

 Georgia Williams murder fulfilled killer's sadistic fantasy



Reynolds was known to the police and health agencies at the age of fourteen for his obsession with violent pornography and snuff movies. His parents had already placed him in the care of a psychiatrist and had taken away his internet, which he had bypassed with his own server.
At the age of seventeen he had already lured a girl to his house in order to strangle, rape and film her in 2008. She fights back and escapes with her life. Reynolds, 17 at the time, was given a final warning over the incident, which the police treated as an assault. Weeks later, images of women he knew with ropes digitally added around their necks were found on his computer by his parents and handed to the police.
  A doctor then assessed Reynolds as being a significant risk to others on the basis that he seemed to have "progressed from viewing sexually violent pornography to making it

 By the time he was 22, having amassed 16,800 images and 72 videos of sexual violence, he had progressed to murder.   

In 2013 he lures Georgia Williams to his house. Within the space of half an hour, he hangs her by a rope and rapes her corpse whilst taking images in every room. Reynolds had previously told therapists he found images of strangulation arousing and had experimented with asphyxiation using a plastic bag, a report said. Had Georgia's parents had any inkling of Reynolds' dangerous desires they would never have let their daughter go to his house. But they were completely in the dark.
"Georgia died because the suspect had more rights than the victims."

 (Trigger warning) This video contains horrific details of a woman's murder and her incredibly distraught family members.

2) David Parker Ray
Also known as the 'Toy box killer' As a teenager, his sexual fantasies of raping, torturing, and even murdering women developed. Also,around this time, his sister discovered Ray's sadomasochistic drawings, as well as pornographic photographs of bondage acts.
Ray sexually tortured and presumably killed his victims in a $100,000 home-made torture chamber he called his "toy box", that he built out of an old mobile home. He would also film them and place monitors in his victims view, so that they could witness their own sexual torture.

This are crime scene photographs of the interior of the 'Toy box' 

Some of David Parker Ray's notes and sketches that he made to bring his sadistic fantasies to life.

 David Parker Ray would play a tape of his demands to his victims who were captured and bound within his 'Toy box' 


Notice the Playboys..
The Toy Box Where women were sexually tortured




3) Maury Travis 

 (October 25, 1965 – June 10, 2002) was an American serial killer who committed suicide in a St. Louis county jail, after being arrested for murder. Travis murdered at least 12 prostitutes, and claimed to have killed 17, all in separate incidents between 2000 and 2002 in his home in Ferguson, Missouri.

He was caught when he anonymously mailed a map to the body of one his victims to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, which was later found to have come from and linked to his computer.

From May to October 2001 four other women were tortured and strangled: Teresa Wilson, Verona Thompson, Yvonne Crues and Brenda Beasley. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch ran a profile piece on Wilson, and Travis responded to it anonymously with a letter and a map. The letter had a return address of I THRALLDOM, a web bondage site, but no other identification. However, the map was recognized to have come from, and further investigation traced it back to Travis, who was arrested.
In the letter he said, "I'll tell you where many others are." And then: "To prove I'm real, here's directions to number seventeen. Travis was arrested on a Federal criminal complaint and, while in the custody of the U.S. Marshals Service, was housed at a St. Louis County jail facility in Clayton, Missouri. Investigators discovered a torture chamber at Travis' residence, instruments of torture, a stun gun, newspaper clippings of some of his crimes, and videotapes of Travis committing some of his crimes.
On June 7, 2002, police arrested Travis and began an extensive search of his Ferguson, Missourri, home. Their suspect told investigators he knew why they had come to get him but would make no direct confessions under initial interrogation. And he never would. Travis managed to hang himself in his cell three days later despite being under a suicide watch.

Investigators are now left to forge ahead knowing they will get no help from the one man who knew precisely what happened to the numerous women he killed and dumped like trash. They also must deal with the prospect that they are collecting evidence against a man that has already avoided justice.

At least the police search turned up a wealth of evidence against Travis, a 36-year-old waiter and former convict described by neighbors as quiet but smart and friendly. Blood splatters were found throughout Travis' home and belts and ligatures discovered were also smeared with blood.

The most damning evidence, however, was videotapes that searchers found secreted inside a wall. The tapes documented Travis engaged in bondage and rough, sadistic sex with women and what appear to be at least two killings.

Only one woman on the tapes, Betty James, has been identified. She has been found murdered though her killing is not shown on the tapes. Travis' basement had been modified into a kind of sadistic torture chamber and likely was where several women breathed their last breath.

But, most chilling of all, they found a videotape containing footage of his crimes.
The tape, labelled "Your Wedding Day," showed Travis tying women up and torturing and raping them. One scene showed him apparently strangling one of his victims to death.
The scenes on the tape were so disturbing that Police Chief Joe Mokwa ordered psychological counselling for the officers who viewed them. "They'll give you nightmares," he told ABCNEWS' Primetime. 

The Dutch engineer strangled 25-year-old Yeates at her flat in Bristol before bundling her body into the boot of his car and dumping it on a snowy roadside verge. During his trial the prosecution claimed that Tabak, 33, was motivated by sex when he attacked Yeates at her home on 17 December last year.
It suggested he may have spied on the landscape architect and claimed that an important feature of the case was that when her body was found on Christmas morning, her top had been pulled above her bra and part of one breast was exposed. His DNA was found on Yeates's chest.
Tabak appeared to be an intelligent, sociable, loving man devoted to his girlfriend, his family and friends. But when police examined his background after his arrest over the death of Joanna Yeates they unearthed a secret life that they believe helps to explain why he killed his next-door neighbour.
Computer analysts found the Dutch engineer appeared to have a fascination with pornography depicting violence towards women. In some of the films he viewed, men held women by the neck while they had sex.
Detectives found that while away on business Tabak contacted escorts and prostitutes, and during a trip to California may have paid for sex.
Prosecutors in the case believe Tabak's fixation on hardcore pornography helps to make the case that this was a sex crime. They feel that his research on and suspected use of prostitutes shows that his respectable outward life was a lie.
After his arrest in January, analysts delved deep into four computers Tabak had access to and found disturbing material. Police discovered images and films showing women bound, gagged, degraded and controlled by men. They also found a film in which two women were bundled into a car boot.

Vincent Tabak
Detectives were particularly interested by three images of a slight, blonde-haired woman resembling Yeates who in one shot was pulling up her pink top to expose her breasts. When Yeates's body was found three miles from her Bristol flat, her pink top was pulled up exposing her bra and part of one breast. Tabak's DNA was found on her chest.
The pictures of the blonde woman in pink had a "resonance" with the way Yeates's body was found, Lickley argued. Police believe Tabak may have pulled her shirt up either before or after death.
The time at which Tabak was looking at some of these images was also important, the police and prosecution believe. Police found that on the morning of the killing, 17 December last year, Tabak had accessed a pornographic website, although it is not clear if he viewed any films. He "certainly" had pornography on his mind, said Lickley.
And after Yeates's death Tabak switched between looking at online articles relating to Yeates and watching pornographic films. On one day within two minutes he went from researching the Yeates inquiry to viewing pornographic films, some of which contained images of women being held by the throat. In a film viewed at this time a woman tells a man: "Choke me."

5) Nathan Matthews

The stepbrother of Becky Watts has been sentenced to a minimum of 33 years behind bars for her murder.
The evidence showed that Nathan Matthews, 28, had a fixation on having sex with petite teenage girls and tried to kidnap his stepsister for "a sexual purpose", said the judge, Justice James Dingemans.

A killer obsessed by violent teenage pornography has been convicted of murdering his 16-year-old stepsister in a case reigniting calls for tougher internet controls.

Nathan Matthews is believed to have watched a film entitled "Virgin teen gets raped in own house" before he throttled 5ft 2in Becky Watts in her bedroom and then dismembered her body.
Police found a 17 minute pornographic film, which showed a victim being beaten up on her bed, among 236 images and 21 movies found on his laptop. The case has echoes of a series of violent pornography-inspired attacks by child killers including Mark Bridger, who murdered April Jones, and Stuart Hazell, murderer of Tia Sharp. Matthews' interest in porn stretched back years from magazines to online. The jury heard that bookmarked pages on phones used by the pair mentioned "teen". Some 38 bookmarks on phones used by Matthews and his partner.
Giving evidence to MPs earlier this year, the lord chief justice, Lord Thomas, linkes pornography with sexual violence in the case of Jamie Reynolds, who took the life of the teenager Georgia Williams..
The Reynolds case, he said, “left me in no doubt at all that the peddling of pornography on the internet had a dramatic effect on the individual ... it played a real part in the way in which this particular murder was carried out."

6) Theodore Robert Bundy 

(born Theodore Robert Cowell; November 24, 1946 – January 24, 1989) was an American serial killer, kidnapper, rapist, and necrophile who assaulted and murdered numerous young women and girls during the 1970s and possibly earlier. Shortly before his execution, after more than a decade of denials, he confessed to 30 homicides committed in seven states between 1974 and 1978. The true victim count remains unknown, and could be much higher.
Bundy was regarded as handsome and charismatic by his young female victims, traits he exploited to win their trust. He typically approached them in public places, feigning injury or disability, or impersonating an authority figure, before overpowering and assaulting them at more secluded locations. He sometimes revisited his secondary crime scenes for hours at a time, grooming and performing sexual acts with the decomposing corpses until putrefaction and destruction by wild animals made further interaction impossible. He decapitated at least 12 of his victims, and kept some of the severed heads in his apartment for a period of time as mementos. On a few occasions, he simply broke into dwellings at night and bludgeoned his victims as they slept.

Bundy said he began casually reading soft-core pornography when he was 12 or 13 years old. His friends found pornographic books in the garbage cans in his neighborhood: “(F)rom time to time we would come across pornographic books of a harder nature … a more graphic, explicit nature than we would encounter at the local grocery store,” he told Dobson in the taped interview. “But slowly throughout the years reading pornography began to become a deadly habit.
“My experience with pornography … is once you become addicted to it, (and I look at this as a kind of addiction like other kinds of addiction), I would keep looking for more potent, more explicit, more graphic kinds of material. Like an addiction, you keep craving something that is harder, something which gives you a greater sense of excitement. Until you reach a point where the pornography only goes so far, you reach that jumping off point where you begin to wonder if maybe actually doing it would give you that which is beyond just reading or looking at it.”
Within a few years, those latent desires fueled by pornography were expressed through his first murder. Although Bundy said he did not blame pornography, he explained that pornographic materials shaped and molded his behavior. He also warned the nation that “the most damaging kinds of pornography … are those that involve violence and sexual violence. Because the wedding of those two forces, as I know only too well, brings out the hatred that is just, just too terrible to describe.”
Bundy said that pornography “snatched me out of my home 20, 30 years ago … and pornography can reach out and snatch a kid out of any house today.” His religious training and morality initially restrained him from acting out his fantasies, but he confessed that finally, “I couldn’t hold back anymore.”

 7) Jeffrey Dahmer

Also known as the Milwaukee Cannibal, was an American serial killer and sex offender, who committed the rape, murder, and dismemberment of seventeen men and boys between 1978 and 1991, with many of his later murders also involving necrophilia, cannibalism, and the permanent preservation of body parts—typically all or part of the skeletal structure.
Serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer of Wisconsin, speaking of his routine before hunting for a victim said, “Just…using pictures of past victims…the pornography videos, the magazines…”  Jeffrey Dahmer killed 17 boys and men.

 In this short interview, Dahmer mentions how he started fantasising again by
looking at pornography.

8) John Wayne Gacy

Also known as the Killer Clown, was an American serial killer and rapist who sexually assaulted and murdered at least 33 teenage boys and young men between 1972 and 1978 in Cook County, Illinois.
All of Gacy's known murders were committed inside his Norwood Park Township home. His victims would typically be lured to this address by force or deception, and all but one victim were murdered by either asphyxiation or strangulation with a tourniquet (his first victim was stabbed to death). Gacy buried 26 of his victims in the crawl space of his home. Three further victims were buried elsewhere on his property, while the bodies of his last four known victims were discarded in the Des Plaines River.

But below the surface, a dark and insatiable sexual rage was consuming Gacy. And once again, his life began to unravel.
In 1976, his wife Carole filed for divorce saying she could no longer deal with her husband’s unpredictable moods and obsession with pornography.

 9) John Douglas White  

55, told police he watched necrophilia pornography before beating his 24-year-old neighbour over the head with a mallet, strangling her with a zip tie and undressing her body.

John Douglas White
White said he then undressed Gay's body and touched her, though he said he does not remember if he had sex with her, according to the affidavit. He told police he tried to get an erection but couldn't, according to the court record.
He said he loaded the body, bloodied towels he said he used to clean up Gay's blood and the rubber mallet into one large garbage bag. According to the court record, White said he the put the bag into the back of his truck, though he said it ripped and items spilled out.
Rebekah Gay
The former minister of a small Michigan congregation was sentenced Thursday to at least 56 years in prison for killing his fiancée's 24-year-old daughter, allegedly to fulfill a fantasy to have sex with a dead body.
Church members have said they were aware of White's criminal past when he joined them. He was released from prison in 2007 after serving nearly 12 years for manslaughter in the death of a 26-year-old woman in Kalamazoo County. He had previously been sentenced to probation for choking and stabbing a 17-year-old Battle Creek girl in 1981.

Stabbing and smiling

In 1980, White was 22, married and living in Battle Creek when he invited his 17-year-old neighbour, then Theresa Etherton, to his basement to look at his race track. The first jab, from behind, was under her right shoulder blade. And, he kept stabbing, and smiling.

"He wiped my mouth off and he kissed me and he held my hand and he said, 'You're going to go now,'" she recalled. "He says, 'I'm really sorry you had to go like this.' He said, 'But what the f---, you're just a woman.'"

A jury convicted White of attempted murder. He apologized and asked for help instead of prison time.

Sick fantasies

Sources said that White later told a prison psychologist about his fantasies -- to kill the prosecutor, Carrie Klein, and his defense attorney, Kathleen Brickley, and have sex with their bodies. The prison warned both women. 

A Chinese man has been executed for keeping six women in a dungeon as sex slaves and killing two of them, state media reported.
The official Xinhua news agency said that Li Hao had been convicted of murder, rape, illegal detention, organized prostitution and making pornography for profit in 2012.

The 35-year-old, from Henan province, was sentenced to death in March 2012 for keeping the women in his grim tiny cellar and for his role in the murder of two of them.

The local government clerk had built a dungeon in his basement where he forced the women to work as prostitutes.

Li Hao

  An investigation revealed that Li created the basement in 2009 and held the women for between two to 21 months.

During their incarceration he repeatedly raped them, forced them to have sex with other men for money and made them perform in pornographic web shows.

Five of the women were prostitutes whom he had tricked into his prison by soliciting their services, and one was selling birth control products, the People's Daily website reported.
The victims were aged between 16 and 23. One, who was 20 at the time of kidnap, became pregnant, the website revealed.

11) George Waterfield Russell

Was a charming reprobate. But by the time he was 31, his Jekyll-Hyde existence would evolve from a lying, petty thief to a sadistic serial killer. This slender, smart, and sure guy would become a woman-hating murderer seeking sexual satisfaction by degrading and abusing them—dead or alive.
 In his 20s, Russell became an affable fixture in the rollicking nightclubs of Bellevue, just east of Mercer Island. He couldn't hold a legitimate job, he carried all his possessionsincluding a collection of pornographic magazinesin a duffel bag and paper sacks

George Russell
 The first victim was Mary Ann Pohlreich. Her obviously posed, nude body was found beside a McDonald's restaurant dumpster. Her left foot was crossed over her right ankle, her hands lay over her stomach, clutching a fir cone, as if she were lying in a coffin. An autopsy showed she had been brutally beaten, choked and kicked so hard that her liver had split against her spinal column. She had been raped after her death, a victim of a "sadistic necrophile."

Seven weeks later, the ex-husband of Carol Marie Bleethe found her battered body in the bed of her East Bellevue home. This time the killer showed thought, imagination, and improvisation. Bleethe, mother of two young daughters who were at home when she was murdered, had been struck repeatedly in the head with a weapon. It had sliced her ear and left 13 distinctive Y shapes on her body. She had been bitten and kicked with such ferocity that two broken ribs penetrated the chest cavity. Her head was bound in a plastic drycleaning bag.
Although she had been "blitzed" in her sleep, her body lay nude except for red high heels. The killer had positioned her on her king-sized bed so that her crotch faced the bedroom door. He had inserted a Savage. 22 long rifle that Bleethe kept under the bed five and a half inches into her vagina. Her favorite diamond ring was missing. Friends later testified that Russell cut pictures of the first two victimswhom he called "skanky sluts"from the newspaper, taped them to the wall, and bragged that police would not find their killer.
 The third body, that of Andrea "Randi" Levine, turned up on September 3, 1990. She too had been "blitzed" in her sleep. The killer had savagely beaten her with an aluminum baseball bat, spraying the room with blood. Her spreadlegged body was stabbed and covered from scalp to the bottom of her feet with 231 small knife wounds, some in patterns. They appeared to have been inflicted after death in an uncommon necrophilic perversion known as "picquerism." A plastic vibrator had been stuffed into her mouth. She held a copy of More Joy of Sex under her left arm. Her brains leaked out onto the bed.

12) Robert Ben Rhoades

  is an American serial killer and rapist. From 1989 to 1990 he is believed to have tortured, raped, and killed more than 50 women, although he has only 3 confirmed victims.

Robert Ben Rhoades
 He is best known for taking a photo of his last known victim, Regina Kay Walters, moments before killing her in an abandoned barn in Illinois.

This picture was taken by serial killer Robert Ben Rhoades. 14-year-old Regina Kay Walters was one of the numerous women held in an 18-wheeler equipped with a torture chamber in the back. The photo was taken in an abandoned Illinois barn, where Rhoades killed Walters after cutting off her hair and making her wear a black dress and heels.

Regina Kay Walters aged 14

Regina Kay Walters



 Lee immediately wanted to search Rhoades' Houston apartment, since sexual sadists--defined as those who become aroused by their victim's
suffering--often keep journals, photos and other items to help them re-live their exploits. He found out the apartment was leased only to Rhoades. But Rhoades' apartment manager was nosy, and had entered his apartment. What she told Lee made him more determined to get a search warrant. She'd seen handcuffs, whips, bondage magazines and women's clothing strewn over the floor. 

Robert Rhoades
 Agents also seized photographs, many of a young teenager with very short hair in various stages of undress--always shackled and handcuffed. She must have been with him for some time, Lee realized, because some of the photos revealed old bruises near her breasts, and shaved pubic hair in various stages of regrowth. In some photos, she had a vacant stare, while in others she looked tearful and scared. The photos bothered Lee.
It was nearly a year after the apartment search when Lee heard Special Agent Mark Young talking about a homicide in rural Illinois. The victim was found in a barn loft, when a farmer decided to take one last look through the decaying wooden structure before having it burned.

To the farmer's horror, he discovered a desiccated body. Young had the case because it had been confirmed that the 14-year-old victim, identified through dental records as Regina Walters, of Pasadena, Texas, was last seen in February, 1990, near Houston with her boyfriend, Ricky Lee Jones.

"The FBI entered the case in early 1991 because she was apparently kidnapped from the Houston area," Young explained. "I studied the crime scene photos--she'd been strangled with bailing wire that was attached to a wooden beam. The wire had been twisted many times beyond the point needed for death. Her hair was very short, and the forensic report told me something invaluable: Her pubic hair had been shaved prior to death. This was the signature aspect of the killer I would be looking for."

Behavioral experts like Young take pains to distinguish the difference between M.O. (Modus Operandi) and signature aspect, or ritual.

The M.O., which can be anything from the approach the offender takes to lure a victim or the type of binding material he uses, is something that changes, usually every 3 to 4 months as the offender becomes more experienced. But the signature aspect--that which gives him psychosexual gratification--never changes. In this case, it was the cutting of the victims' head hair and shaving the pubic hair that served some need. 

 Alva Busch/ Author of "Roadside Prey": "Mr. Rhoades is a very evil man." "In the cab of that semi-truck, he had a torture chamber built into it."
Busch believes Rhoades roamed the highways for years, using his truck to satisfy his lust for torture and murder. It ended one day in 1990, when an Arizona cop stopped to investigate a semi parked alongside the highway with its lights flashing. Alva Busch: "When he stepped up on the running board to look in, he saw a woman shackled inside the cab with a horse bit in her mouth."
The cop arrested Rhoades and rescued the woman, who had been held captive on the highways for many days.
Alva Busch: "She had whip marks all up and down her back. She told investigators that he had shackled her in there and beat her, and that he'd take her out of the truck on lonely stretches of road with a leash around her neck like a dog." "I spoke with two of the victims who escaped from him and they basically told the same story of ongoing tortures that lasted for days."
Also in 1990, Patricia Walsh of Seattle was found murdered along I-15 in Millard County. Detectives have now reportedly linked Rhoades to the 15-year-old case with DNA evidence.
Busch says Rhoades' truck was equipped with torture devices and restraints that could hold people for weeks.
Alva Busch: "He drove around the country torturing these people until he got tired of them. Then he killed them." 

 April 1st 1990- Officer Miller took his flashlight and walked around the truck, looking for the driver. He noticed some commotion within the rig, so he stepped up on the runner to look inside the sleeper cab.
His breath caught when he saw a nude woman shackled and chained to the wall. She screamed frantically when she saw him, and Miller saw a man scramble through the curtains separating the sleeper cab from the front seats.

Trying to maintain calm as the woman kept screaming, Miller lurched to the driver's side of the truck and ordered the man out. He complied, calmly assuring Miller everything was all right. The man also informed Miller he was carrying a gun.

"It's the good guys who tell you they have a weapon," recalls Miller. "He was so smooth, yet that woman was terrified. I didn't know what I had on my hands."

The trucker's cool composure and the woman's terrified shrieks were more than Miller could attend to at once. So he went by the book: He took the trucker's wrists and handcuffed them behind his back, then seatbelted him in the patrol car. With the man out of the way, Miller returned to the woman and saw she was badly wounded. She bore mean red welts on her body and cuts on her mouth. She had a horse bridle strapped around her neck and a long chain padlocked to the horse bit. Her hands and ankles were handcuffed. Seeing all this, Miller called the city of Casa Grande for back-up.

Miller tried to cover the young woman's body until help arrived. He couldn't console her--she was terrified the trucker would return. And with good reason, Miller discovered. 

Also known as the "Sex Beast", was an American serial killer who committed five murders in Virginia and Maryland between 1957 and 1959. He murdered and sexually assaulted Margaret Harold, the girlfriend of an unidentified soldier, during a highway encounter near Annapolis; two years later, he murdered the four members of the Jackson family near Fredericksburg, Virginia.

After his conviction for the killings, Rees confessed to two other murders, and authorities believed he was involved in two more. Prior to his arrest and imprisonment, Rees was known as a jazz musician in the Washington, D.C. area.

Melvin Davis Rees
On June 26, 1957, Margaret Harold and her boyfriend—a U.S. Army sergeant on weekend leave—were travelling near Annapolis, Maryland when Rees, driving his green Chrysler, forced them off the road. After exiting the vehicle, Rees gestured at the couple to roll down their car window, displaying a gun.
After being refused demands for cigarettes and money, an angered Rees shot Harold point-blank in the face. The horrified soldier fled the scene and ran across several rural fields before reaching a farmhouse, where he called the police. As the soldier was being picked up at the farmhouse, other officers arrived at the crime scene, where they found that Rees had removed the deceased Harold's clothing and sexually assaulted her.

Upon searching the area for the then-unidentified Rees, authorities came across an abandoned cinder block-constructed building, noticing a basement window that had been broken into. Inside, investigators discovered a grotesque collection of violent pornographic images and autopsy photos of female corpses, taped all over the walls. They also discovered a yearbook photo of Wanda Tipton, a 1955 graduate of the University of Maryland. Police managed to contact and question Tipton, who denied knowing a tall, dark-haired man described by the soldier as Harold's killer. Since there were few new leads--and since forensic science was primitive in 1957--Margaret Harold's murder became a cold case until Rees killed again two years later.

 On January 11, 1959, the Jackson family--Carroll Jackson and his wife Mildred, and their infant daughters, Janet and Susan--disappeared after visiting relatives in the Apple Grove area. The Jacksons were an upstanding, church-going family who had no known enemies, making their disappearance especially baffling. A female relative of the Jacksons, who was also driving home from the same Apple Grove reunion, came across Carroll Jackson's abandoned car on the side of the road. The relative called the police, who inspected the car and found no indications of any struggle. A massive search effort was called to locate the missing family, but it was unsuccessful. Almost two months later, on March 4, two men gathering brush near Fredericksburg discovered the decomposing body of Carroll Jackson in a ditch. He had been shot in the back of the head. His hands were also tied behind his back. Upon recovering the body, police discovered that Carroll had been dumped over that of eighteen-month-old Janet Jackson; it was later determined that the child had been dumped alive in the ditch before her father, and had suffocated under the weight of his body. On March 21, the bodies of Mildred and five-year-old Susan were discovered in a forest near Fredericksburg, showing signs of torture and pre-mortem sexual assault.

 The child was struck with a heavy blow to the head and died of a fractured skull, while her mother was raped, beaten, and strangled with her own stocking.

As the police carefully dug into the grave, they exhumed the body of little Susan. Beneath her was Mildred. They took the decomposed corpses to the forensic pathologist for a thorough examination. He announced that both victims had been raped and Mildred had apparently been forced into other sexual acts, as well as tortured before she was bludgeoned to death. She had a stocking loosely tied around her neck, as if used for leverage to force her to perform.

Investigators believed that she may have been told to engage in a sexual act that disgusted her, possibly oral sex (Schechter confirms this), and perhaps had refused, so her killer had found a way via a collar to make her do what he wanted. She had been bludgeoned, but it was not clear whether this had caused her death or whether she had died from strangulation. Her body was too decomposed to offer a definitive medical opinion. Susan had been beaten to death with a blunt instrument, possibly a gun butt.

  Is an American serial killer who murdered 10 people in Sedgwick County (in and around Wichita, Kansas), between 1974 and 1991. He was known as the BTK killer (or the BTK strangler), which stands for "bind, torture and kill" and describes his modus operandi. He sent boastful letters describing the details of the killings to police and to local news outlets during the period of time in which the murders took place. After a long hiatus in the 1990s, he resumed sending letters in 2004, leading to his 2005 arrest and subsequent conviction. 

Dennis Lynn Rader

 Using personal jargon for his killing equipment, Rader casually described his victims as his "projects" and at one point likened the murders of his victims to killing animals by saying he "put them down."

Rader created what he called a "hit kit," a briefcase or bowling bag containing the items he would use during murders: guns, tape, rope and handcuffs. He also packed what he called "hit clothes" that he would wear for the crimes and then dispose of.

Rader developed a pattern for his murders. He would wander the city until he found a potential victim. At that point, he would stalk the person until he knew the pattern of their lives and when would be the best time to strike. Rader often would stalk multiple victims at a time, so he could continue the hunt if one victim didn't work out. At the time of the murder, Rader would break into the house, cut the phone lines, and hide until his victim came home. Rader would often calm his victims by pretending to be a rapist who needed to work out some sexual fantasies on them. This caused many of his victims to be more cooperative and even help him, thinking that once the rape was over, he would leave them alone. Instead, Rader would kill them.

The name BTK, chosen by Rader for himself, also dictated his methods. Rader bound, tortured, and killed his victims. Rader would strangle his victims until they lost consciousness, then let them revive, then strangle them again. He would repeat the pattern over and over again, forcing them to experience near-death, becoming sexually aroused at the sight of their struggles. Finally, Rader would strangle them to death and masturbate to ejaculation onto the corpse.
 During morning testimony Thursday, detectives described the killer as a man who lived two separate lives.
They said he kept meticulous records of his fantasies and crimes in what he called his "mother lode" collection of pornography, but managed to keep that part of his life secret from his wife and two children, the church he served as congregation president and the Boy Scout troop he helped lead.

15) Col. Russell Williams

Ontario Superior Court Justice Robert Scott described Williams as a "sick and dangerous man" in handing down the strongest sentence available under Canadian law.
He was later charged with the November 2009 murder of a female corporal under his command at the Trenton military base, as well as in two home invasions in which women were confined and sexually assaulted, and an additional 82 counts of break-and-enter and attempted break-and-enter in Ottawa, Belleville and Tweed.
A stash of women's undergarments taken by police from Williams' Ottawa residence was linked to the burglaries near his home and job.

Col. Russell Williams
 Police also seized hundreds of photographs and videos of the sexual assaults and murders from his home computer.
The court heard he had videotaped and photographed sexual assaults on two victims before killing them.
His videotaped confession was played to the court on Wednesday. Williams initially denied the charges before being confronted with evidence and admitting his crimes.
William’s first victim was Marie Comeau, a 37-year-old corporal he had met while she acted as an attendant on a military flight, prosecutors said at his sentencing hearing on Tuesday.
Having access to her rota, Williams carried out a test burglary in November last year while she was away to check that she lived alone.
He then returned a week later, and was surprised by Ms Comeau while waiting in her basement for her to fall asleep.

He used a torch to beat her, before sexually assaulting her. He taped over her mouth and nose, continuing to take photographs as she suffocated, the court heard. Before she died, prosecutor David Thompson said she had told her attacker: "Have a heart, please. I've been really good. I want to live."

Marie Comeau
Williams spotted his second victim while driving near a cottage he owned.
He entered Jessica Lloyd's home on 28 January, having waited until his victim was asleep. He tied Ms Lloyd up, put tape over her face and repeatedly raped her, while taking photographs.
A day and a half after starting the attack, Williams strangled his victim with a rope after she had pleaded for her life.

 Williams started by peeping through windows, breaking into homes and stealing lingerie, and photographing himself dressed in the lingerie.
 The researchers said Williams exemplified what they dubbed “the Cinematographer” — the sexual offender who films his crimes, poses his victims and assumes roles of his own, all in an effort to create the “perfect pornography.”

TORONTO – Police found child porn on serial sex criminal Russell Williams’ computer but laid no charges in exchange for him pleading guilty to murder and sexual assault, a new book says.
The former commander of Canada’s largest military airfield wouldn’t admit to downloading pictures of teen-aged girls in sexual positions, Globe and Mail reporter Timothy Appleby writes in “A New Kind of Monster.”
Williams broke into Ms. Lloyd's home as she slept, restrained her with rope and duct-taped her eyes. He repeatedly sexually assaulted her, videotaping and photgraphing his attacks.
Later, Col. Williams drove Ms. Lloyd to his cottage on Cosy Cove Lane, where he forced her to have a shower while still bound. When she asked for clothes because she was cold, he left her to shiver in the bathtub.
"You have to take me to the hospital. You have to take me to the hospital or I'm going to die," Ms. Lloyd says on video, according to the Crown. She began having convulsions and slurring her words.
Col. Williams ignored her repeated cries for help. She pleaded with him: "I'm not making this up. I'm going to die."
His response? "Hang in there, baby. Hang in there."

Is an American serial killer from New Jersey operating in New York between 1967 and 1980. He was nicknamed "the torso killer" due to his habit of dismembering his victims, usually leaving nothing but a torso behind. He was eventually convicted of murder in 1981, after being caught fleeing an attempted murder.  Officially Cottingham killed six people but he claims between 85 and 100 murders. Cottingham is incarcerated in New Jersey State Prison in Trenton, New Jersey.

Richard Cottingham
Cottingham's first known murder was the 1967 slaying of Nancy Schiava Vogel. The 29-year-old married mother of two was strangled, and her nude, bound body was found in her car in nearby Ridgefield Park, New Jersey. She had last been seen three days earlier, when she left home to play bingo with friends at a local church.
On December 2, 1979, firemen in New York responded to an alarm at a hotel near Times Square. When they forced their way inside and put the fire out they found two corpses. Both bodies had their hands and heads removed. They had been doused with lighter fluid and set alight. The missing body parts were never found. One victim was identified as Deedeh Goodarzi, 22, an immigrant from Kuwait who was working as a prostitute. The other corpse was never identified. Homicide detectives linked the murder with that of the murder of teenage prostitute Helen Sikes who had gone missing from Times Square in January 1979.

Richard Cottingham
 On May 5, 1980, police found the body of nineteen-year-old Valerie Ann Street in a Hasbrouck Heights Quality Inn in New Jersey. The victim’s hands were tightly handcuffed behind her back; she was covered in bite marks and was beaten across the shins. Street had died of asphyxiation and traces of adhesive tape were found on her mouth. This murder was linked to an earlier murder in the same motel. Twenty-six-year-old radiologist Maryann Carr was also found brutally beaten near the same hotel, but police could not positively link the crimes. On May 15, Jean Reyner was stabbed to death in the historic Seville hotel.

Jean Reyner
 On May 22, 1980, Cottingham picked up eighteen-year-old Leslie Ann O’Dell, who was soliciting on the corner of Lexington Avenue and 25th Street. At some point she agreed to have sex with him for $100. Around dawn, they checked into the same Hasbrouck Heights Quality Inn where he had left his last mutilated victim. Cottingham offered to give the girl a massage and she rolled over onto her stomach. Straddling her back, he drew a knife and put it to her throat as he snapped a pair of handcuffs on her wrists. He began torturing her, nearly biting off one of her nipples. She later testified that he said, “You have to take it. The other girls did, you have to take it too. You’re a whore and you have to be punished.”
Richard Cottinghams sexually sadistic fantasies were incited by his pornography use, frequent visits to S&M clubs and abusing prostituted women.(As featured in the video below) In a prison interview, he stated that "I have a problem with women"

17) Issei Sagawa

Sagawa served time in a French jail for the murder of the Dutch student Renée Hartevelt, a classmate at the Sorbonne Academy in Paris, France. On June 11, 1981, Sagawa, a 32 year old student of French literature, invited Hartevelt to dinner at his 10 Rue Erlanger apartment under the pretense of literary conversation.Upon her arrival, he shot her in the neck with a rifle while she sat with her back to him at a desk, then began to carry out his plan of eating her. She was selected because of her health and beauty, those characteristics Sagawa believed he lacked. Sagawa describes himself as a "weak, ugly, and small man" (he is just under 5 ft (1.52 m) tall) and claims that he wanted to "absorb her energy".  

Issei Sagawa
Sagawa said he fainted after the shock of shooting her, but awoke with the realization that he had to carry out his desire to eat her. He did so, beginning with her hips and legs, after having sex with the corpse. In interviews, he noted his surprise at the "corn-colored" nature of human fat. For two days, Sagawa ate various parts of her body. He described the meat as "soft" and "odorless", like tuna. He then attempted to dump the mutilated body in a remote lake, but was seen in the act and later arrested by the French police. 

The final step for Sagawa was to explore the internal organs, which stung his hands with digestive acid, and then used the hatchet to cut off her head.  With so many parts removed, it looked like a skull.  He grabbed the hair and hung the head in front of him, an experience that in retrospect caused him to say, "I realized I am a cannibal."

By the time he was finished bagging the pieces and locking them into a suitcase, it was midnight of the second day.  He called a cab.

Arriving at the Bois de Boulogne, he lugged the suitcases into the park, intending to shove them into the pond.  However, he had a difficult time with his heavy burden.  When he spotted some people watching him, he got scared and just left the suitcases.  Martingale reports in Cannibal Killers that a couple went closer and saw a female hand protruding from one of the bloodstained cases, so they called the police.  Police opened the suitcases, found the remains, and began the task of tracing the bags back to the purchaser.

His wealthy father provided a top lawyer for his defense, and after being held for two years without trial the French judge Jean-Louis Bruguières found him "obviously" legally insane and unfit to stand trial and ordered Sagawa to be held indefinitely in a mental institution. Following a visit by the author Inuhiko Yomota, Sagawa's account of the murder was published in Japan with the title In the Fog.

In the meantime, Sagawa returned to his apartment to enjoy the pieces of Renee Hartevelt that he'd put into the refrigerator.  As he ate another gruesome meal, he thumbed through some pornography.  Each day of his remaining freedom, he ate another piece, claiming in his later renditions that it became sweeter with time.

 The subsequent publicity and macabre celebrity of Sagawa likely contributed to the French authorities' decision to have him extradited to Japan. Upon arrival in Japan, he was immediately taken to Matsuzawa hospital, where examining psychologists all found him to be sane but "evil".However, Japanese authorities found it to be legally impossible to hold him, purportedly because they lacked certain important papers from the French court. As a result, Sagawa checked himself out of the mental institution on August 12, 1986, and has been a free man ever since.

It pays to be rich, and his father, Akira Sagawa, president of Kurita Water Industries in Tokyo, eventually worked out a deal in 1984 to have Sagawa transferred to the Matsuzawa psychiatric hospital in Japan.  The superintendent there believed that he was sane and ought to be in prison.  There Sagawa remained for only 15 months before he was granted his freedom in August 1985, again, thanks to his father and very much against the advice of the superintendent.  After killing a woman and consuming her remains, Sagawa was able to go freely about in society only five years after the crime.  He was even granted a passport to go to Germany.
What made the situation worse was how he revelled in what he did and was only too happy to tell people about it on television talk shows.  He even agreed to appear in several Japanese pornographic films and directed his own pornography, and he wrote four novels.
  The one in which he described the details of his murder sold over 200,000 copies.  Thanks to his father, he'd gotten away with murder, and he was quite proud of it.
Now Sagawa enjoys being the focus of tabloid media, granting interviews and making videos to indulge the voyeuristic curiosity of those who want to get closer to someone who has eaten human flesh.  He apparently finds the attention amusing and does not feel that he did anything wrong.  "The public has made me the godfather of cannibalism," he stated, "and I am happy about that."
The Rolling Stones wrote and recorded a song about Sagawa's gory deed, calling it, "Too much Blood," and Sagawa tried his hand at a comic book version of the story.  He also wrote a weekly column for a tabloid publication, edited an anthology of cannibal fantasies, and was featured on the cover of a Japanese gourmet magazine.  Under an assumed name, he even managed to get women to pose nude for him.
On his web site, he offers excerpts from his rendition of his crime and discusses why cannibalism is not such a horrific act.  For those who want to see his art, he shows examples of his paintings—mostly of the fleshy buttocks of white females.

18) David Keith rogers

A navy veteran and father of two, born in 1947, Rogers moved to Bakersfield, California, at age 30, finding employment with the Kern County Sheriff's Department a year later. He spent five years on beats where prostitutes were numerous, and he was fired March 22, 1983, for taking nude photographs of a hooker in a local cemetery. 

On appeal, the state Civil Service Commission reduced his punishment to a 15-day suspension, and Rogers returned to duty in June 1983. (The prostitute in question failed to appear at this hearing, and she has not been seen since.) Assigned to the county jail, Rogers was accused of beating up an inmate in April 1984, but the charges were ultimately dismissed. He returned to active patrol in June 1986. 
On February 21 of that year, the bullet-riddled body of Jeanine Benintende, a 21-year-old Los Angeles prostitute was fished out of a canal near Lamont, in Kern County. The fatal bullets were identified as .38-caliber hollow-points, often used by police, and the same weapon was identified a year later, on February 8, 1987, when Tracy Clark, a pregnant 15-year-old hooker, was found in the same canal.
Arrested five days later, after background investigation revealed his "unusual interest" in prostitutes, Rogers admitted owning the murder weapon, reported stolen from a local tavern in 1982. 
Large quantities of pornography were discovered in Rogers's home, and detectives learned that he had once taken his teenage son on a tour of hooker-infested streets, to teach the boy that prostitutes were "scumbags." Prosecutors declared that the missing 1983 witness was "very much on the list" of potential victims, but Rogers was finally charged with two counts of homicide. 
Convicted on one count each of second-degree murder (Benintende) and first-degree (Clark), Rogers was sentenced to die on the latter charge

Was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. Toole's mother was abusive; Toole claimed she would dress him in girls' clothing and call him Susan. His father was an alcoholic who abandoned him. Ottis claimed that as a young child, he was a victim of sexual assault and incest at the hands of many close relatives and acquaintances, including his older sister and next door neighbor. He claimed that his maternal grandmother was a Satanist, who exposed him to various Satanic practices and rituals in his youth, including self-mutilation and grave-robbing, and dubbed him "Devil's Child". Toole claimed this abuse began when he came out as gay to his family.
He was often designated as suffering from mild mental retardation, with an I.Q. of 75. He also suffered from epilepsy, which resulted in frequent grand mal seizures. Throughout his childhood, he ran away from home often and often slept in abandoned houses. He was a serial arsonist from a young age and was sexually aroused by fire.
In the documentary Death Diploma, Toole claimed he was forced to have sex with a friend of his father's when he was five years old. He felt he knew he was gay when he was 10, and claimed to have had a sexual relationship with a neighborhood boy when he was 12. Toole dropped out of school in the ninth grade and began visiting gay bars. He also claimed to have been a male prostitute as a teenager, and became obsessed with gay pornography.

During the mid-1970s, Toole??s crimes turned murderous, though the exact number of killings is unknown. In 1976, he hooked up with a deviant named Henry Lee Lucas, who became his partner in crime. Though he married in 1977, Toole??s bride complained about the homosexual relationship he shared with Lucas, and the couple soon separated.
Following his mother??s death in 1981, Toole reportedly claimed nine more victims in six states between January 1982 and February 1983. Once incarcerated, Toole backed up Lucas??s game of confessions with police officers, admitting to helping Lucas in another 108 homicides. A practising cannibal, Toole provided gruesome details to the crimes, but in the end, it remains unclear how many killings he and Lucas actually committed.
Ottis Toole
Lucas told interviewers that he was surprised how easy it was to kidnap babies. When they reached San Antonio, Texas, Lucas and Toole drove through shopping center car parks until they found a baby that had been left asleep in a car. Several minutes later, they had the baby in the car, drugged and ready to be transported across the border. They also kidnapped older children and teenagers who were subsequently drugged and used in pornographic movies that were made and distributed by the cult.


20) Dennis Nilsen

Also known as the Muswell Hill Murderer and the Kindly Killer is a British serial killer who lived in London.
Nilsen killed at least fifteen men and boys in gruesome circumstances between 1978 and 1983, and was known to retain corpses for sex acts. He was eventually caught after his disposal of dismembered human entrails blocked his household drains: the drain cleaning company found that the drains were congested with human flesh and contacted the police.
Due to the similarities between their crimes, sexuality and lifestyle, Nilsen has been referred to as the "British Jeffrey Dahmer.

Dennis Nilsen

Nilsen was born in Strichen, Aberdeen shire to a Scottish mother and a Norwegian father. His father was an alcoholic and his parents divorced when he was four years old. His mother remarried and sent her son to his grandparents, but after a couple of years, he was sent back to his mother again.
Nilsen claimed the first traumatic event to shape his life came about when he was a small child, when his beloved grandfather died. His strict Catholic mother insisted that he view the body before burial. Whether this incident, or his mother and stepfather's lectures on the "impurities of the flesh" helped shape him into what he was to become, no one really knows.
In 1961, Nilsen enlisted in the British Army and became a cook in Aden, Cyprus and Berlin. He left the army in 1972 and served briefly as a police officer. From the mid 1970s, Nilsen worked as a civil servant in a jobcentre. He was involved in a series of superficial, transitory relationships with men, though they did not assuage his feelings of profound isolation and loneliness. Like Jeffrey Dahmer, he sought somebody "who wouldn't leave"; that is, a corpse. His sixteen victims were students or homeless men whom he picked up in bars and brought to his house either for sex or just for company. Nilsen strangled and drowned his victims during the night, waking up with little memory of what he had done. He used his butchering skills, learned in the army, to help him dispose of the bodies. Nilsen had access to a large garden and was able to burn many of the remains in a bonfire. 

Nilsens kitchen and bathroom
 In 1981, however, Nilsen moved to an upstairs flat. As his murders continued, he found it difficult to dispose of the remains and had suitcases full of human organs stored in his wardrobe, and plastic bags with human remains under the floorboards. Neighbours had begun to notice the smell. When he tried to dispose of the bodies by flushing them down the toilet, he blocked the sewerage of his house in Muswell Hill (23 Cranley Gardens), north London. When a company was called to unblock the sewer system, they first found the drain to be packed with a flesh-like substance. The drain inspector then called his supervisor to assess the situation; however, this was not to take place until the next day, by which time the drain had been cleared. This aroused the suspicions of the drain inspector and his supervisor, who immediately called the police. Upon closer inspection, some small bones and what looked like chicken flesh were found in a pipe leading off from the drain; these were later discovered to be of human origin. 

The serial killer Dennis Nilsen is seeking extra legal aid so he can challenge a ban on receiving homosexual pornography in prison.Nilsen claims he is the victim of a policy that discriminates against gay inmates because his chosen magazine is prohibited under prison rules. His lawyers argue that, while images of erect penises are banned, pictures of "obvious and explicit arousal of women" in heterosexual magazines are permitted.Flo Krause, Nilsen's counsel, said this policy breached the Human Rights Act.Heterosexual soft porn publications such as Escort and Razzle were widely circulated among other prisoners at Whitemoor high security jail in Cambridgeshire, she added.

21)  Anthony hardy

 A man has been jailed for life for killing three women to satisfy his "depraved and perverted" sexual cravings. Anthony Hardy - who had been released from a psychiatric hospital after doctors thought he would be no danger to the public - dismembered two women and left their body parts in a bin near his north London home.
Months earlier another woman had been found dead in his flat - but her death had initially been put down to natural causes.
Hardy, 53, of Camden, pleaded guilty at the Old Bailey to murdering Sally White, Elizabeth Valad and Bridgette MacClennan.
In sentencing him, judge Mr Justice Keith said: "Only you know for sure how your victims met their deaths but the unspeakable indignities to which you subjected the bodies of your last two victims in order to satisfy your depraved and perverted needs are in no doubt."
Parts of the dismembered remains of Miss MacClennan, 34, and Miss Valad, 29, who both lived in London, were found in bin bags in the early hours of 30 December 2002.
The body of Miss White, 31, who also lived in London, was found in his flat in January last year.
And the Metropolitan Police also revealed that Hardy had been investigated for three rapes, but there was insufficient evidence to bring a case against him.
Richard Horwell, prosecuting, said a tramp scavenging for food in a pub bin on 30 December last year made a "gruesome discovery".
Mr Horwell said the three prostitutes died in Hardy's home.

Anthony Hardy
 "We do not profess to have every piece of this disturbing jigsaw, but the defendant had an obsession with pornography and liked to dominate women," Mr Horwell said.
"A motive for the murders we suggest is that he decided to kill these women in order to photograph them in various positions which he had arranged when were dead."
He said Hardy had been in the process of preparing Miss White to be photographed when he was disturbed in January by police who found her naked body when investigating a dispute Hardy had with a neighbour. 
 Hardy, of Camden, north London, pleaded guilty at the Old Bailey to murdering Sally White, Elizabeth Valad and Bridgette MacClennan.

Parts of the dismembered remains of Miss MacClennan, 34, and Miss Valad, 29, who both lived in London, were found by a homeless man in bin bags in the early hours of 30 December 2002. All of the women were drug addicts and had worked as prostitutes in north London. The court heard that Hardy, 53, had an obsession with pornography and may have killed the women so that he could photograph their bodies.

 22) karl Eugene Chamberlain

Karl Eugene Chamberlain lived next door to Felicia Prechtl, a single mother, and her five-year-old son. 
On August 12, 1991, Chamberlain observed Felicia’s brother leaving with Felicia’s son. Chamberlain went next door “to borrow a cup of sugar.” Upon gaining entry to Felicia’s apartment, Chamberlain bound her with duct tape and sexually assaulted her. Chamberlain then shot Felicia in the forehead, killing her. Felicia’s semi-nude body was discovered on the bathroom floor some thirty-five minutes later by her brother and son upon their return to the apartment. Chamberlain walked his dogs after the murder.

Chamberlain’s guilt was not uncovered until 1997. In the meantime, he confessed the murder to others, relating that he had gone to borrow a cup of sugar from his neighbor and that she had answered the door naked and seduced him.

Chamberlain further elaborated that Felicia had delighted in their sexual intercourse and explained that he had killed her in a panic only when she threatened to inform his wife of their sexual encounter. While Chamberlain says his non-violent past supports his contention that the evidence is insufficient to show that he is a continuing threat to society, the evidence does show a history of violence. 

Karl Eugene Chamberlain

 The State introduced evidence that Chamberlain had attacked a fellow soldier with a knife and a woman at a shopping mall with a stun gun. The State also introduced evidence that Chamberlain broke into a pornography shop when, seeking pornography, he had found the shop closed.

In addition to this evidence of a violent past, the State introduced the testimony of Dr. Kenneth DeKleva, a psychiatrist. DeKleva asserted that the facts of the offense reveal a sexually sadistic,antisocial personality disorder. DeKleva noted that the crime scene revealed that the perpetrator needed to inflict humiliation, degradation and pain to achieve sexual gratification.

23) Joji Obara

Is a convicted rapist who was accused of the rape and subsequent deaths of two women, British hostess Lucie Blackman in the summer of 2000 and Australian Carita Ridgeway in 1992, and the rapes of six other women.
Joji Obara was born Kim Sung Jong in 1952 to zainichi parents in Osaka. During his youth, his father worked his way from scrap collector to taxi driver to immensely wealthy owner of a string of pachinko parlours.
At 15, Obara enrolled in prestigious private high schools, a prep school which is owned by Keio University, which at graduation guarantees entrance to the University. Two years later, upon his father's death, he inherited holdings in Osaka and Tokyo. After graduating from Keio University with degrees in politics and law, he became a naturalized Japanese citizen and legally changed his name to Joji Obara.
During the late 1980s and early 1990s Obara invested heavily in real estate speculation. After losing his fortune when the bubble burst and his firm collapsed, he reportedly used his business as a money laundering front for the yakuza syndicate, Sumiyoshi-kai.
Joji Obara
His pornographic video collection, 4,000 to 5,000 of which were recovered by police, led police to believe that Obara may have raped anywhere from 150 to 400 women.[4] A recreational drug user, he was reported to have an obsession with Caucasians and developed a sex fetish for molesting unconscious women.
Police found over 200 sex videos involving Obara molesting women in this manner sometimes wearing a facemask and report that his extensive journals made reference to "conquer play", a euphemism describing his sexual assaults on women he wrote were "only good for sex" and on which he sought revenge, "revenge on the world" drugging them with chloroform.

24) Richard Starrett

Jean Taylor McCrea, 15, who had been kidnapped in 1989, was believed to have been killed in Richard Daniel Starrett's Martinez home before her body was dumped in a creek in Newberry County, S.C. 
Mr. Starrett was 29, worked at Savannah River Site and preyed on young women when his wife and child flew to California. He would kidnap his victims, take them home to Martinez and hold them captive for a few days while sexually assaulting them.

Then he met Shari Dawn Teets. Just 17, the pretty, petite brunette was kidnapped in February 1989. Four days later - on a chilly Friday night - she escaped to a house across from Mr. Starrett's rented West Lynne Drive home.

That night, Maj. Adams said, Mr. Starrett was drinking and passed out, and Ms. Teets got away.

"She went and looked out one of the windows and saw she was in a subdivision,'' Maj. Adams said. "And basically said to herself, `If I'm going to get away, now is my chance.'''

Maj. Adams, now in charge of management services for the sheriff's department, was the county's lead investigator in 1989.

In the end, Mr. Starrett killed only one person: He shot Jean Taylor McCrea, 15, because he was falling in love with her, he told investigators. He wrapped her body in a green blanket and trash bags before dumping her into a creek bed near her home in Irmo, S.C. He was arrested in Texas in February 1989 after Ms. Teets escaped. He is now serving life in prison in South Carolina with no possibility of parole. But Maj. Adams says he believes Mr. Starrett planned to kill others. His trail of rapes led from Charleston, S.C., to Atlanta. 

Richard Starrett

Mr. Starrett also faced charges in Charleston, S.C., in the kidnapping and sexual assault of a 22-year-old woman. 

  Mr. Starrett, a convicted serial rapist and sex offender, had already been sentenced to two consecutive life sentences for kidnapping Shari Dawn Teets, 17, of Lexington, S.C., and kidnapping a 12-year-old Irmo girl in June 1988. He had received a previous sentence of life plus 20 years in prison when he pleaded guilty but mentally ill to kidnapping and sodomizing a Columbia girl in December 1987. 

He was captured in Texas after a manhunt and led police to Miss McCrea's body. He blamed his behavior on pornography. 

25) Patrick Curran

A warped killer obsessed with 'granny porn' strangled his elderly neighbour after she rejected his sexual advances.

Patrick Curran, 38, has been found guilty of the murder of 74-year-old widow Joan Roddam in 2003. Curran, of Delabole, Cornwall, had a "raised libido" when he went to the home of Joan, who was a friend of his mother.
 But when she rejected his advances he killed her and buried her frail body under a wheelbarrow and a blanket in a field behind her house.
Pornographic material, depicting women in their 70s or older having sex with men in their 20s, was found on a computer seized from Curran's home two years later.
The murder occurred more than 10 years ago but Curran was only arrested after a cold case review led to a DNA breakthrough.            
Cowardly Curran refused to attend any of the proceedings and wouldn't even leave his cell - so he was not represented in court. He will be sentenced at a later date. Judge Graham Cottle told the jury: "I told you the truth from the very start because I did not want you to think this man had run away.
"He is still in Exeter prison on a daily basis he has been given the opportunity to come here but on every day he has declined that opportunity. We have done what we can to engage him in this process.
 The trial heard that DNA from a bloodstain on the blanket used to cover Mrs Roddam was "one billion times" more likely to belong to Curran than another man. The jury was also told the motive of his visit was likely to be strong sexual interest in older woman that saw him visit 151 "granny porn" websites on his computer and download more than 100 images of semi-naked women aged 60 to 80.
Simon Laws QC, prosecuting, previously said he was hoping for sex when he visited Roddam, who lived alone with three cats.
Mr Laws told the jury: "Here is a dead woman of an age group that he found sexually attractive, covered by a blanket that had his DNA on it.

26) Graham Coutts

Is the man convicted of murdering school teacher Jane Longhurst on 14 March 2003. At the time, he was a guitarist and part-time salesman living in Brighton, UK. Coutts claimed that Longhurst had died accidentally during consensual erotic asphyxiation, although the prosecution maintained that there was nothing to suggest that Coutts and Longhurst had ever been lovers.

Coutts was convicted of murder on 3 February 2004, and sentenced to a life term serving a minimum of 30 years (reduced to 26 years on appeal on 26 January 2005). The conviction was quashed by the Court of Appeal on 19 July 2006, and a new trial started on 12 June 2007. He was again found guilty on 4 July 2007.

Jane Longhurst (born November 6, 1971, died March 14, 2003) had been a special needs teacher and musician living in Brighton, England. Her partly decomposed body was found burning in woodland in West Sussex on 19 April. When arrested, Coutts, who was her best friend's partner, admitted causing her death. He had first hidden the body in a shed, then in an empty flat, and finally in a storage centre, where he had visited it nine times in a three-week period.

Evidence was given by a defence witness that several years ago, Longhurst had whispered to a work colleague that a sexual encounter the previous night had "involved some kind of stopping breathing". The defence claimed that this was evidence that the deceased had engaged in activity with another partner, similar to that claimed by Coutts. Ms. Longhurst's partner and a previous boyfriend stated that they had not indulged in erotic asphyxia during their relations. According to Coutts' account in the witness box, he was masturbating whilst pulling the ligature around her neck, and when he reached orgasm he found that Ms. Longhurst was lying dead across him, with a quantity of blood produced.
At his murder trial, Coutts confessed to a long-standing neck fetish and obsession with strangulation. His testimony, confirmed by other witnesses, stated that he had engaged in breath control play with several consenting partners on many occasions without incident over several years. He had spoken with his GP about his fixation and sought the help of a psychiatrist three years before the killing. Eventually, he started to access violent pornography on the Internet (especially simulated strangulation, rape and necrophilia). He had downloaded a collection of strangulation images the day before Jane's death. This, according to the prosecution, had caused his dangerous sexual behaviour and murderous intent. Critics of the prosecution's argument doubt this explanation, since the behaviour preceded the exposure to such pornography by about five years. No evidence of premeditation was presented to the jury. Mr. Coutts testified that he wrapped a pair of nylon tights around Ms. Longhurst's neck as part of a consensual sexual practice known as erotic asphyxia, which he had undertaken on numerous previous occasions with several different partners. The prosecution claimed that he had invited her to his flat under false pretences, then attacked her.
When police searched Coutts' home in Waterloo Street in Hove they found hundreds of images of strangulation and necrophilia on his computer. - See more at:
When police searched Coutts' home in Waterloo Street in Hove they found hundreds of images of strangulation and necrophilia on his computer.
Several pictures had been downloaded on the day before Ms Longhurst disappeared and just before and after her body was found.
When officers searched the Big Yellow Storage unit on 28 April they found Jane's mobile phone, her denim jacket, purse and swimming kit.
They also found traces of Miss Longhurst's blood on a shirt belonging to Coutts in the unit and a used condom suggesting he had sex with the body after death.
Coutts was convicted of Ms Longhurst's murder in February 2004 at Lewes Crown Court but appealed in December 2005 claiming the verdict was unsafe because the jury were not offered the alternative charge of manslaughter.
The verdict was upheld in January 2005 but the House of Lords referred the case back to the lower court and the conviction was quashed on October 19, 2006.
Last year the government announced a new law making possession of extreme pornography punishable by a jail sentence of three years following a campaign by Ms Longhurst's mother Liz, 75
- See more at:
When police searched Coutts' home in Waterloo Street in Hove they found hundreds of images of strangulation and necrophilia on his computer.
Several pictures had been downloaded on the day before Ms Longhurst disappeared and just before and after her body was found.
When officers searched the Big Yellow Storage unit on 28 April they found Jane's mobile phone, her denim jacket, purse and swimming kit.
They also found traces of Miss Longhurst's blood on a shirt belonging to Coutts in the unit and a used condom suggesting he had sex with the body after death.
Coutts was convicted of Ms Longhurst's murder in February 2004 at Lewes Crown Court but appealed in December 2005 claiming the verdict was unsafe because the jury were not offered the alternative charge of manslaughter.
The verdict was upheld in January 2005 but the House of Lords referred the case back to the lower court and the conviction was quashed on October 19, 2006.
Last year the government announced a new law making possession of extreme pornography punishable by a jail sentence of three years following a campaign by Ms Longhurst's mother Liz, 75
- See more at:

When police searched Coutts' home in Waterloo Street in Hove they found hundreds of images of strangulation and necrophilia on his computer.
Several pictures had been downloaded on the day before Ms Longhurst disappeared and just before and after her body was found.
When officers searched the Big Yellow Storage unit on 28 April they found Jane's mobile phone, her denim jacket, purse and swimming kit.
They also found traces of Miss Longhurst's blood on a shirt belonging to Coutts in the unit and a used condom suggesting he had sex with the body after death.
Coutts was convicted of Ms Longhurst's murder in February 2004 at Lewes Crown Court but appealed in December 2005 claiming the verdict was unsafe because the jury were not offered the alternative charge of manslaughter.
The verdict was upheld in January 2005 but the House of Lords referred the case back to the lower court and the conviction was quashed on October 19, 2006.
Last year the government announced a new law making possession of extreme pornography punishable by a jail sentence of three years following a campaign by Ms Longhurst's mother Liz, 75.
- See more at:
(To be continued)

When police searched Coutts' home in Waterloo Street in Hove they found hundreds of images of strangulation and necrophilia on his computer.
Several pictures had been downloaded on the day before Ms Longhurst disappeared and just before and after her body was found.
When officers searched the Big Yellow Storage unit on 28 April they found Jane's mobile phone, her denim jacket, purse and swimming kit.
They also found traces of Miss Longhurst's blood on a shirt belonging to Coutts in the unit and a used condom suggesting he had sex with the body after death.
Coutts was convicted of Ms Longhurst's murder in February 2004 at Lewes Crown Court but appealed in December 2005 claiming the verdict was unsafe because the jury were not offered the alternative charge of manslaughter.
The verdict was upheld in January 2005 but the House of Lords referred the case back to the lower court and the conviction was quashed on October 19, 2006.
Last year the government announced a new law making possession of extreme pornography punishable by a jail sentence of three years following a campaign by Ms Longhurst's mother Liz, 75.
- See more at:

No comments:

Post a Comment