Sunday, 28 August 2016

Violent pornography incites sexually motivated murders. (Part three)

34) Edward Tenniswood

A bookkeeper was heard telling a young barmaid outside a nightclub "I'll get you home safe" before she was raped and murdered, a court has heard.
The body of India Chipchase, 20, was found at a house in Stanley Road, Northampton, on 31 January.
Birmingham Crown Court heard Edward Tenniswood, 52, of Stanley Road, Northampton, denies her murder.
Christopher Donnellan QC, prosecuting, said Miss Chipchase's body was found on a mattress at the defendant's home.

Mr Donnellan said Mr Tenniswood turned up outside NB's cocktail bar in Northampton in the early hours of 30 January when Miss Chipchase was in a "fairly pickled state" and could "barely stand up".
"Others nearby thought from the way he spoke to her, he knew her," said Mr Donnellan. "He was overheard by others to say 'not to worry' and he'd get her home safe - he didn't."

The jury heard Miss Chipchase's death "was no dreadful accident" and that Mr Tenniswood "raped and throttled" her at his home in Stanley Road.
"When she resisted he gripped her around the throat and squeezed. She suffered a blunt force trauma to the head and face and appeared to put up a struggle," he said.
After she died, Mr Tenniswood set about tidying up, Mr Donnellan added.
"He re-clothed her, covered her in a sheet and left her. He removed her belongings."

 'Determined to have sex'

The jury was told Mr Tenniswood had put on clear plastic vinyl gloves that were later found in a bag of rubbish.
"He was obviously aware of what he was doing and put on clear plastic vinyl gloves," Mr Donnellan said. "They were found in a bag of rubbish - India's blood on the outside of the gloves and his DNA on the inside.
 Tenniswood turned his sick violent fantasies into reality after he found India Chipchase in a drunk and vulnerable state outside Northampton’s NB’s nightclub.
When police smashed down the door of his house, having traced Ms Chipchase’s mobile to the address, they found her fully-clothed body lying on a mattress in a dimly-lit upstairs bedroom.
A sheet was drawn up to her chin and her long black hair had been arranged by Tenniswood in what police described as a ‘halo’.
Her body was near a book left open on a page showing romantic images of scantily-clad women.
Ms Chipchase was found to have 33 separate injuries on her body including evidence of blunt force trauma to her head and bruising to both hips.
 Following the verdict, press restrictions were lifted and we are now able to reveal that Tenniswood had previously pinned a teenage girl up against a wall by her throat and tried to kiss her. Before he moved to Northampton in the late 1990s, Tenniswood had a top-floor apartment on Oakley Street in Chelsea, west London.
Tenniswood bought the flat in the early 1990s with money stolen from his family's business.
A man whose partner bought it from Tenniswood branded the killer a 'weirdo'.
He told the Mirror: 'He was more than just a loner, he was properly odd. There was all kinds of pornography all over the house when we went to look at it.'

Edward Tenniswood was given a life sentence at Birmingham Crown Court with a minimum term of 30 years for raping and strangling India Chipchase to death.

Was a German serial killer. Between 1970 and 1975, he killed at least four prostitutes from Hamburg's red light district, keeping the bodies in his flat.
At 5 ft 5 in (1.65 m), Fritz Honka was extremely sensitive about his height. He liked his women shorter, and he also liked them toothless, to alleviate his fears of mutilation during oral sex. He found relief with aging prostitutes from Hamburg's red light district, killing at least four of them in his small attic room in the Zeißstraße 74 of Ottensen, Hamburg. Disposal was a problem, given Honka's size and basic laziness. He kept the bodies in his flat, and fortified himself with alcohol against the stench. When neighbours griped about unpleasant smells, he doused the place with quarts of cheap deodorant.
Franz Honka

On 15 July 1975, the mummified remains were found by firemen after a fire in the house. Honka was not present, being on shift as a night watchman. He was arrested when he returned home. In custody, Honka said he killed the women after they mocked his preference for oral sex over "straight" intercourse. He was sentenced to 15 years of imprisonment, significantly milder than the prosecutors recommendations. The court found him guilty of one case of murder and three cases of manslaughter. His habitual abuse of alcohol was considered a mitigating factor, as it has seen as a cause for diminished mental capacity.[1]
Honka was released from prison in 1993 and spent his last years under the name of Peter Jensen in a nursing home. He died in a hospital in Langenhorn, Hamburg on 19 October 1998.
  The victims were-
  • Gertraud Bräuer, Friseurin, gestorben 1970
  • Anna Beuschel, Hausfrau, gestorben 1974.
  • Frieda Roblick, Prostituierte, gestorben 1974.
  • Ruth Schult, Prostituierte, gestorben 1975.
When police raided his flat they found the walls coated in pornography and countless magazines and sadomasochistic books. 

Internet searches for rape, strangulation preceded woman's death.

A 19-year-old man has been charged with killing his former high school girlfriend by strangling her in her bed, and attacking another woman three days earlier.
Daniel Joseph Bartelt is accused of murdering 19-year-old actress Jessie Blodgett after she returned to her Hartford, Wisconsin, home from a 'Fiddler on the Roof' cast party on July 15.
The college dropout also confessed to attacking a woman with a knife in a park on July 12, saying it was a 'spur of the moment decision', just hours after researching serial killers online.
Forensic experts found Internet searches on Daniel J.H. Bartelt's computer of websites depicting rape, strangulation and serial killers in the days before a young Hartford woman's death, according to testimony Friday in his homicide trial.
It was the fourth day of testimony on the first-degree intentional homicide charge against Bartelt in the July 2013 death of Jessie Blodgett, a 19-year-old aspiring actress found strangled in her bedroom.
Daniel Bartelt

Blodgett was found with ligature marks on her neck, wrists and ankles, indicating something had been tied around parts of her body, and an autopsy determined she died of asphyxia and compression of the neck.
Ashley Boldig, a computer forensics analyst with the state Department of Justice, testified that an Internet history analysis on Bartelt's laptop showed Wikipedia searches for serial killers, serial killers by number of victims such as Luis Garavito and Moses Sithole late July 11, 2013, into the early hours of the next day.
The analysis also shows that on July 15 a music file named "Jessie's Song," which Blodgett and Bartelt sang together, was deleted. Boldig also testified that pornographic videos, one titled "poor girl brutally raped and strangled to death," were viewed on the laptop. Blodgett's Facebook picture was viewed at 3:04 p.m. July 15, the day Blodgett was found dead. 

37)Leonard Lake and Charles Ng

No one will ever know how many men, women and children Charles Chitat Ng and his survivalist partner in murder, Leonard Lake, killed in the course of their criminal endeavours. 

 On June 2, 1985, law enforcement would first encounter this duo outside of a South San Francisco hardware store when Ng stole a vice, locked it into the back of a 1980 Honda Prelude and left the vicinity.  By the time police arrived, an overweight, bearded Caucasian sat at the wheel of the same auto.  Preliminary questioning uncovered a driver’s license and license plates involving two separate individuals.  A .22 caliber handgun illegally modified with a silencer further complicated matters.  The suspect was placed under arrest and at police headquarters he was confronted with information that the VIN number of the automobile indicated that it was owned by a third person, who had been reported missing nine months earlier.  The suspect calmly asked for a pen, paper and a glass of water.  After writing a short note, he removed something from his lapel and swallowed it with a gulp of water.  The “something” turned out to be cyanide which eventually killed the suspect, subsequently identified from fingerprints as Leonard Lake. Police would quickly locate Lake’s isolated ranch in the remote town of Wilseyville, California.  Lake’s house and adjoining bunker would yield an extensive cache of weapons, incriminating video cassettes and photos as well as a diary that indicated how Lake and Ng had tortured, raped and murdered numerous victims.  Males were typically abducted or lured to the ranch to facilitate the theft of personal possessions, credit cards, or cash.  Subsequently, following several hours of torment, these victims would be shot in the head.  Females were placed in the bunker next to Lake’s ranch house where they would be assaulted for several days before being murdered.  Any infants or children involved in these abductions would also be killed.  By the time, police and Calaveras County sheriffs had excavated the entire property and demolished the bunker, they would find the bodies of seven men, three women and two small children as well as forty five pounds of burned and crushed human skeletal material.  As many as twenty-five people reported missing and known to have associated with Lake and Ng may have perished at the Wilseyville location.
The police searched Lake's ranch in Wilseyville. It was clear Lake was a survivalist, his ranch fitted with a bunker and a stash of weapons. In a diary, Lake had written how he was convinced there was going to be a global nuclear war, and he planned on surviving in his bunker and rebuilding the human race with a collection of female slaves (he named this plan "Operation Miranda" after a character in the book The Collector by John Fowles). The police also found videos showing Lake and Ng torturing and raping women.

The grounds of the ranch were dug up and 12 corpses were uncovered in shallow graves. Among these victims were two families: Harvey Dubs and his wife, Deborah, and baby son, Sean; and Lonnie Bond and Brenda O'Connor and their baby son, Lonnie Bond Jr. The women had been sexually abused, and killed after their husbands and infants were disposed of. Five of the bodies were of men lured to the ranch to be robbed and killed — including Robin Stapley and Paul Cosner — and the 12th was identified as 18-year-old Kathleen Allen, who knew Ng because her boyfriend had once been his cellmate in prison. Police also found charred fragments of human bones (in excess of 45 pounds in total), but they were unable to determine the identity of the victims or their number. It has been postulated the number of unknown murdered persons could be as high as 25.

38) Chris Halliwell

A convicted killer has been found guilty of murdering missing woman Becky Godden five years after initially escaping justice due to police blunders.
Christopher Halliwell, 52, initially admitted the double murder of Becky Godden and Sian O'Callaghan from Swindon in 2011.

Chris Halliwell

But he evaded justice for killing Miss Godden until now due to a police error.
Miss Godden's mother thanked police "for bringing my little girl home".
A jury at Bristol Crown Court took less than three hours to find him guilty.

The ex-taxi driver is currently serving life after stabbing and strangling Miss O'Callaghan, 22 in 2011.
The case came to court after Wiltshire Police unearthed new evidence in the case which centred on soil on a shovel found at Halliwell's home, witness accounts and Halliwell's wounds when he visited a GP two days after Miss Godden disappeared.

Police said there was a “distinct possibility” that he could be responsible for other unsolved killings.
Christopher Halliwell, 52, laughed as a guilty verdict was returned at Bristol crown court on Monday and smiled at relatives of Becky Godden, who went missing aged 20 in 2003 when she was a sex worker in Swindon.
He is already serving life for the murder of 22-year-old Sian O’Callaghan, whom he abducted from a nightclub in the Wiltshire town in 2011.
After the verdict, Det Supt Sean Memory, the senior investigating officer in the Godden case, said Halliwell may have killed others.
“I am really open-minded – there is an eight-year gap between Becky and Sian,” Memory said. “I would appeal to Christopher Halliwell – if he wants to speak I’m willing to speak with him.
“I can’t rule out that there are other victims. He’s not forensically linked to outstanding cases. However, that’s not to say he hasn’t committed other offences.

And when police searched a remote pond where Halliwell dumped O’Callaghan’s boots after stabbing and strangling her in 2011, they discovered dozens of scraps of material that may be clothing.
In common with many violent sexual offenders, Halliwell had a fascination with hardcore pornography, including child abuse and bestiality. Computer search terms he used showed he had an interest in murder, violent sex and rape.
After a two-week trial, a jury found him guilty of the murder of Godden. He became besotted with her after meeting her while working as a taxi driver in Swindon’s red-light district. In January 2003 he had sex with her, strangled her and buried her body in a field in Gloucestershire.
Godden’s murder came to light only after Halliwell was arrested over O’Callaghan’s disappearance in 2011. He led the senior investigating officer, Steve Fulcher, to where he had left O’Callaghan’s body at the side of a country road – and to where he had buried Godden’s remains eight years before.
Sian O'Callaghan
Halliwell initially wrongly believed Miss O'Callaghan was a sex worker, while Miss Godden was a prostitute. He admitted having sex with Miss Godden before she died and prosecutors insist that Miss O'Callaghan's murder was sexually-motivated.
Both women were strangled and their bodies were deposited in rural locations close to each other.
Miss Godden was buried naked in a shallow grave while Miss O'Callaghan was found partially clothed - with Halliwell later admitting he had cut her underwear and leggings in an attempt to remove them.
Halliwell described himself as a "sick f*****" before telling Mr Fulcher that he had strangled Miss Godden after having sex with her.

39) Charlie Brandt

Was an American murderer and serial killer. Brandt, a native of Indiana and longtime resident of the Florida Keys, committed suicide in September 2004 after his wife, Teresa "Teri" Brandt, was stabbed seven times and his niece, Michelle Jones, was decapitated and had suffered severe mutilation. An investigation by police concluded that Brandt had murdered Teri Brandt and Michelle Jones before hanging himself in Jones' garage.
Charlie Brandt

It later came to light that Brandt had shot his parents – his pregnant mother fatally – in 1971, when he was thirteen; he spent one year at a psychiatric hospital before being released, and was never criminally charged. Because of this incident – of which Teri Brandt's family was unaware – and because of Charlie Brandt's efficiency in killing his wife and niece and his hidden obsessions with human anatomy, investigators looked into the prospect that he had been a serial killer who had operated without detection since moving to Florida in 1973. Police have positively ascribed up to six homicides to Brandt.
 On the night of January 3, 1971, Brandt, then thirteen, walked into his parents' bathroom while his father was shaving and his mother, who was eight months pregnant, was taking a bath. Brandt shot his father point blank in the back with a gun, then fired several rounds into his mother; his father survived, but his mother died at the scene. Brandt then confronted his fifteen-year-old sister, Angela Brandt, but his gun wouldn't fire. After a physical struggle, Angela managed to calm her brother down before she fled the house and sought help from neighbors. Charlie also left the house and knocked on the door of a girl next door named Sandi Radcliffe, telling her, "Sandi, I just shot my mom and dad."

On September 2, 2004, Charlie and Teri Brandt were evacuated from their home on Big Pine Key before Hurricane Ivan made landfall. Their niece, Michelle Lynn Jones, invited them to stay at her residence in central Florida. Throughout the visit, Michelle Jones kept in regular contact with her mother, Mary Lou Jones, as well as several friends. On the evening of September 13, one of Jones' friends, Lisa Emmons, was scheduled to visit her house. However, Jones discouraged her from coming after reporting that the Brandts had had an argument after drinking. After that night, Jones stopped answering telephone calls, which alarmed her acquaintances.

On September 15, another one of Jones' friends, Debbie Knight, came to her house to check on her and the Brandts while on the phone with Mary Lou Jones. After finding the front door locked, Knight tried to enter the house through the garage, where she found Charlie Brandt's body hanging from the rafters; due to sweltering temperatures and the length of time since his death, Brandt's body was in a state of decomposition. Knight contacted the police, who entered the house and found the bodies of Brandt's wife and niece. Teri Brandt had been stabbed seven times in the chest while reclining on a couch. Michelle Jones, whose body was found in her bed, had been decapitated and disemboweled, with her heart and organs removed. Jones' head was also placed next to her own body. The weapons used in the crimes had been knives from Jones' kitchen.

Links to other murders  

Investigations into cold case files from throughout Florida eventually linked Brandt to unsolved murders that bore striking similarities to Michelle Jones' death. They included the decapitations of the victims and the removal of their hearts, which detectives established had been the focus of Brandt's obsession. The search led to twenty-six unsolved murders in Florida going back to 1973, the year Brandt moved to the state. Some cold cases have since been positively ascribed to Brandt by the authorities.

Sherry Perisho, 1989

Perisho's partly clad body was found on July 16, 1989, near the North Pine Channel Bridge at Big Pine Key, where Perisho, who was homeless, lived on a dinghy. Perisho's throat had been slashed and her head had been nearly severed; like Jones, her body was extensively mutilated and her heart was removed. Perisho was found less than 1,000 feet from where Brandt lived, and Brandt's appearance matched a composite sketch of a man seen crossing U.S. Route 1 near where Perisho was discovered on the night she was murdered. Based on this evidence, Monroe County investigators determined that Brandt killed Perisho and officially closed the case on May 6, 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment